 Organizations / United States / 467
  Re: Age limitations

(...) OK. Normally "vested interest" means you've already invested something, money or effort, or you own the land underneath it. Like the members of a club have. It sounds like you have a "interest". (...) I disagree. (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Frank (...) based (...) or (...) Well, since you're getting technical, I'll quote the definition of "vested interest" from the Random House Unabridged Dictionary Second Edition: ] vested interest ] 1. a special interest in an existing system, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I think you have the opposite, because you don't like the existing system. You think you stand to gain by a change---therefore you are on the other side from the "already vested". Webster's is more precise. I rely on the 1967 edition, which (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)