 Organizations / United States / 456
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 04:23:34 GMT

Mookie wrote:

I think Shiri is getting a raw deal here, and I think the ONLY way you
are going to solve this is by opening up the NELUG group. Let the
"Adult" members create a new group.

Well, I think *that's* being a little unfair.  Eric and the others did the hard
work to get NELUG started, to get the name publicized, shelled out the
money for the domain naime, made the web page, etc.  I think it's *really*
unfair to suggest that the name just be handed over/abandoned in favor of
a new one.

Again, another possible solution is another local group.  BosLUG, or
MALUG, or some such.  There's nothing stopping people from joining
both, after all - I would.

Telling someone they should start
their own group sure is a cop-out.. We all know the reasons that would
never work. Why don't the "Adults" start their own group????

Um, they *did*.  It's called NELUG.

If somebody wanted to start an all-ages group in this area, they'd have my
enthusiastic support.  But I would never even *think* of asking NELUG
to give up it's name to a different group.  That's both rude and unfair.