 Organizations / United States / 453
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 04:04:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I think Shiri is getting a raw deal here, and I think the ONLY way you
are going to solve this is by opening up the NELUG group. Let the
"Adult" members create a new group. That way you can keep your exclusive
"adults" group and make a "public" group. If you aren't willing to do
this then I feel you should drop the name, if you aren't going to allow
all people from New England into the group. This would allow someone
else to use the name for a group that serves the New England area, not
just a bunch of people who want to exclude others.  I haven't seen one
other person fighting for this rule. If it's everyone's wishes, where
are they??? why aren't they saying anything? why are they just dropping
this whole thread in your lap Matt? maybe because they don't agree with
it anymore????

I can understand certain reasons for excluding people by age, though not
when someone's parents are willing to sign a waiver.  She proven she's
mature on more than one occasion.  Telling someone they should start
their own group sure is a cop-out.. We all know the reasons that would
never work. Why don't the "Adults" start their own group????

I'd like to see more than one person supporting this 18 year rule....

Tamy

Shiri Dori wrote:

Hey all,

I'm posting here to explain my opinion(s) about the age limitation in NELUG.
I've talked to many people about my stand on this, especially during and after
the WAMALUG Brickfest. Many people there expressed their agreement with what I
said, and some people encouraged me to post about it - so here I am.

<snip>

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy