 Organizations / United States / 238
Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 03:21:35 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
To date, I think the only definite things we have to that respect are a
potential 6091 castle, lots of figs, and Eric's church, and his marketplace.
So, assuming we do a town (which it looks like we will), a brainstorm... what
other structures do we need for a town?

And standards.  Do we want to use thin or thick baseplates?  And should each 'unit'
have a standard size so that we can fit them together easily?  I guess we
could use
mixtures of thin and thick plates to show that the land isn't perfectly even...I
could even build a (very) small hill with some of my green bricks.

Here's a couple of ideas I had... feel free to add:
- Kinds of shops:
   o Clothing shop

Selling capes, no doubt?  Possibly hoods and hats as well?

   o Butcher

Only problem is that we could only serve Horse, Kaddu, and Polar Bear.  :-)

'ey!  I volunteered by sheep, din't I?  If not, then I volunteer it now.  And even
though there's only one, it's a *big* sheep.  I might also be able to knock together
a cow or something.

   o Barber?
   o Doctor

In the medieval era, these would probably be the same thing(!)

   o Carpenter
   o Shoe store (Al Bundy's long lost relative)

I was thinking of including some of these in my market.  I have already built a
Flower Shop for the market and was considering an Armory as well although as I
have said before my Castle fig selection is not very good so stocking an Armory
might be tough for me.

A general blacksmith would be better.  The armorer probably lives and works in
the
castle, because peasants don't *need* (and probably can't afford) to buy
weapons
and armor, but the King needs to keep his soldiers armed...

- Town Gate

And small side gate with bribery. 8)

I might take on the inn/stable idea, too.

Do we have any idea *when* we are going to do this?

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m