 Organizations / United States / 219
Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:18:58 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
2.  Castle Battle scene that includes 1 or 2 Castles with a large battle
underway.

3.  Medieval setting where we have a castle with a Medieval type town outside
the gates.

Hmm...I think these two have the most possibility.  Maybe one big castle,
being
beseiged by an enemy army, that is guarding the approach to the town.  In the
town, life goes on as usual...for now...

I guess my favorite would be #3 but I like #1 and #5 a lot too.  Of course I
would be happy to contribute to any of these.  Also remember we would like to
use some of the 2000 Castle sets as well.

With the idea above we could use King Leo's Castle and Bull's Attack as well as
a few of the smaller sets.

I plan on doubling the size of the market and I personally like these sections
on the Tan 16x32 baseplates (gives a more worn look) plus I have quite a few
16x32 Tan baseplates so it is convinient for me.  I also want to try and build
some rural houses/buildings as well so I might be able to contribute something
there as well.

A 'market square' idea could be good.  That would give me space for my
travelling
players to set up.  (For those who didn't read my other post, I'm thinking about
a travelling troupe of actors, like the ones in _Hamlet_ or _Rosencrantz and
Guildenstern are Dead_ - a wagon laden down with stuff that transforms into a
stage, maybe a juggler to keep the crowd entertained between performances, etc.)
This is where most of my peasantish bodies will probably be going, so I can't
contribute much else in the way of populace, unless the white-shited
green-vested
pirates look medieval enough to other folks.

I can probably also contribute some soldiers for the King - heck, on both sides.
If the Bulls are willing to spend the money, they can hire the roughest, toughest,
meanest bunch of mercenaries this side of the Carpathians - the Wolfpack Heavy
Infantry.  16 strong, and no two with the same face! I could also whip up a
seige engine or two for the beseiging army, including the new 6032 Catapult
Crusher.  (Although hopefully this will be after I complete my catapult
testing article...)

I think I could do up a section or two of town wall as well, maybe one with a
smaller secondary gate in it.  Hmm, here's a thought...I've got a spare Bull
with sewn-on eyepatch that I've outfitted with a Darth Maul cape & hood - he
looks quite the ruffian, or perhaps he's a spy who has slipped into the town
to bribe one of the King's less loyal soldiers?  The Wolfpack mercenaries and
a small squad of Bulls could be lying in wait outside the town until the traitor
opens the gate, allowing them to attack the castle from both sides...you like?

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m