 Organizations / United States / 209
Re: DixieLUG gathering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:02:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Craig Hamilton writes:
(i was unsure whether to post this here, or in Lugnet.org.)  DixieLUG is
a regional LEGO user group for the south-eastern united states that is
just getting started.

I think lugnet.org.us would be fine to crosspost to for your announcement
(a bit more specific than lugnet.org)...but perhaps you could make use of
a lugnet.org.us.dixielug group...

you bet we could, todd! if only such a thing existed...
;-)

Maybe what I should just do is go ahead and create subgroups of .org.us for
the major user-groups, assuming that these would be useful, and if a
particular group decides it doesn't find one useful, it could be deleted at
that group's request.  EricK of NELUG mentioned a little while back that he
would love a group for NELUG, for example.

i had trouble trying to crosspost this tho'. when i typed lugnet.org.us
into the follow up box, the message wasn't acceppted.

Hmm, I wish I could help you figure out what the trouble was...I don't see
your message in the dead-articles file on the server.  Do you remember what
the error message you got back was?  I did, BTW, find a message from someone
else who had set the Followup-To to lugnet.org.us, but that message wasn't
accepted because it included lugnet.loc.md on the Newsgroups list.  (It was
a typo, and he meant lugnet.loc.us.md.)

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.org.us]