 Organizations / SciBrick / 64
Re: SciBrick is Online! And looking for people...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:37:06 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Joe Meno wrote:
*snip*
SciBrick will be involved in upcoming conventions, including both Brickfests
next year and members are thinking of contests and other ways of getting
people involved with Science Fiction and Fantasy displays.

Some other ideas that are being looked at are:

• theme-based kits under the SciBrick name, like PCS ships.
• movie tie-in displays
• Displays in museums
• Member materials (shirts, etc.)

There will be a lot to do and plan, so SciBrick is also now looking for new
members to join. You can go to the <http://www.scibrick.org SciBrick site>
and see the membership requirements in the
<http://www.scibrick.org/about/faq/index.html FAQ page> and also the current
roster of members.

Hi Joe and all SciBrick members,
This sounds great - I've been following SciBrick for a while, vicariously,
enviously reading about the bash in Texas... sounds like you've got it going on.
Since my own personal interest follows space exploration and tech-stuff, I hope
to eventually join the organization, after actually building and displaying
something space-related. Note to self: finish Galactica in time for BrickFest
PDX...

BTW, do you mind if I link scibrick.org from the BrickFest PDX web site?

Regards,
Kelly McKiernan
BZPower admin | PNLTC | BrickFest PDX 2004 webmaster guy | Bricksploration.com