 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 3481
3480  |  3482
Subject:
Invito da PLUG - Incontro a Lisbona
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:37:48 GMT

Vi giro un invito che abbiamo ricevuto da Sérgio Antunes, presidente di PLUG.
Qualcuno ha voglia di passare qualche giorno in Portogallo? Il periodo è buono
(22-25 aprile), c'è la possibilità di un bel ponte...

----------

I am Sergio, the President of the PLUG - Portuguese LEGO Users Group. We are a
growing LUG reaching almost 30 members.

I would like to invite you to visit us after next Easter (between 22th and 25th
April). We are able to assist you with logistics (accommodations and
transports) which are quite affordable here in Lisbon. After all, you would be
VIP guests!

We are trying to do a small international LEGO convention and your help and
experience would be of great value for us if you could honour us with
your presence.

Apart from LEGO we also have a good climate and a lot of monuments, museum and
places, like Sintra, that are much appreciated internationally.

The invitation extends to all Itlug members. Please announce it at Lugnet.it.
All members of Itlug will be welcome here. We will provide some free sightseeing
support for those interested (an added bonus if you want to
know some of Portugal on a schedule - Lisbon is very nice around Easter) and
with logistics. In fact, we intend to invest heavily on hospitality ­ not to
make money, but to make people feel “home away from home”. We feel that is
possibly the biggest value we can add, together with the moderate living
cost that makes your money worth more here than elsewhere.

We are currently inviting members from several foreign LUGs to our country,
to be our guests in discussing a few subjects of possible interest for
European AFOLs. This meeting would therefore be more to talk than to show
models... Although we will show you our best, and if it is logistically
possibly for you, it would be splendid to see some of your creations!

The topics are LUGs relations: an attempt to do things together and organize
an international calendar, discuss the relation we should have among us and
with LEGO in order to lobby LEGO for support, and the growth this fantastic
hobby among adults. We would like to learn with you and other LUGs about
organizing events, doing mocs, etc.

We also would like to present you our project: the ATLANTIC AFOL MEETING
2007, here in Portugal, around Easter. We’d like to assure your presence,
and as such we must know all your needs and desires for such a meeting. We
don’t plan on making a very frequent meeting, in order to have more “fresh”
material in every edition. Also, we plan on taking advantage of the “rest
and relaxation” advantage Lisbon offers ­ the idea is to have a holiday
where LEGO can have some time, instead of a big massive event which you
start and finish still under stress.
If at all possible, we’d like the smaller atmosphere 1000steineland offers,
combined with the multinational one from LEGOworld. Not so much public, but
many people from far away places.

So our goal this time is more to do a meeting with representatives of
several LUGs to talk about our combined possibilities than to do a big
exhibition of LEGO. We may call it a “preparatory event”, if you like. The
big event will be, as we hope, held in 2007 ­ and you get to decide on what
exactly will happen then.

All the best,
Sérgio Antunes.
President of PLUG.