 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 2976
2975  |  2977
Subject:
Novità da Cafepress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:27:29 GMT

Ciao,

brutte notizie da Cafepress. Mi hanno scritto pochi giorni fa per dirmi
che il nostro negozio conteneva immagini protette da copyright e che
l'uso di questo materiale era temporaneamente disabilitato:

[snip]
We recently learned that your CafePress.com account contains material
which may not be in compliance with our policies. Specifically,
designing, manufacturing, marketing and/or selling products that may
infringe the rights of a third party, including, copyrights (e.g., an
image of a television cartoon character), trademarks (e.g., the logo of
a company), "rights in gross" (e.g., the exclusive right of the U.S.
Olympic Committee to use the "Olympic Rings"), and rights of privacy and
publicity (e.g., a photo of a celebrity) are prohibited.

Accordingly, we have set the content that we believe to be questionable
to "pending status" which disables said content from being displayed in
your shop or purchased by the public.
[snip]

Alla mia ovvia protesta e richiesta di maggiori informazioni, hanno così
risposto:

Dear Giulio Ferrari,
Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!
We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.
Unfortunately, your use of the LEGO bricks in your designs may be
problematic.

Previously, CafePress.com received notice from LEGO stating that the use
of LEGO minifigures and LEGO bricks infringes upon their intellectual
property rights. Accordingly, we have set content that may infringe to
pending status. If you believe that you hold the rights to the content,
we encourage you to contact the alleged rights holder directly for a
resolution to this matter.
[snip]

In pratica (per chi non legge l'inglese) sono stati contattati da LEGO
la quale ha chiesto di sospendere l'utilizzo di personaggi e mattoncini,
protetti da copyright, in tutti i negozi Cafepress.

!!!

Ciao
Giulio