 Organizations / GLUG / 68
Re: Gencon And HELP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:25:51 GMT

Dylan Jambrek wrote:

Well, the time is approaching, and the 4 best days of gaming come closer.
So how many of you GLUG readers out there are making the trek to Indy and the
first meeting of GLUG? What game(s) will you be playing? Will you be GMing? What
Teklevel of Brikwars will you be playing in. What sized fleet do you have for
Stevie's Pirate Game? My curiosity strikes me.

I'll be the primary person in charge of all the ESPG gaming. I'll be
bringing a pretty good sized fleet of ships (can't tell you just how big
until I actually see how much fits in my luggage).

Transportation for me isn't a problem(which it usually is as I'm 15 and can't
drive.) What is a problem, is my mother's worry about my security. It was
previously thought that my friend Evan Butzlaff was going with us, so that the
buddy system would come into play. But now, he can't come, lack of funds.

So, I
am at a loss, I need something to assure my mother that I will be safe. I hope
that some of you guys can help me, with suggestions that will make her believe
that my saftey is not an issue, that I will not be alone at all times, and the
like. Please help me, the time grows short.

Hmm, not sure how much I can help here. The buddy system is certainly a
good one. However, as James mentioned, the GLUG area will have something
going on pretty much the whole time, so maybe we can collectively be a
buddy for you. For what it's worth (not much since you have no easy way
of verifying it), I have been working with teenagers in youth groups for
over 10 years (and thus can understand and appreciate parents concerns).

Frank