 Organizations / GLUG / 67
Re: Gencon At Indy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:05:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.glug, James Seibert wrote:
The current slate a games at Gencon include several two-hour
BrikWars demos, two six-hour BrikWars games, two Evil Stevies Pirate
Game, two Pirate Wars games, a Mechaton game, maybe a robotics
display, a combat comparision game. A long list am I sure, but we
have several GM's. Frank Filz, Chris Weeks, James Brown, Larry
Pieniazek, and others.

My first pre-Gencon attempt last week was a failure at best. The
approaching weekend will involve another torture session to see if
this mix of troops will yield a viable six-hour game. Teaching rules
and long turn sequences caused the previous game to go beyond the
six hour limit with no discernable resolution in combat. I was so
disheartened I didn't even take pictures. My test subjects play
Warhammer regulary and volunteered to be my guinea pigs, mwah ha ha
ha......Unfortunately, I was not laughing by the end of it.

Thanks for the report.  I'm running my own trials of the Brick Battles scenarios
this weekend, to figure out the same things.  My two test groups are a bunch of
warhammerites and a bunch of non-gamers; hopefully that will give me a good feel
for both ends of the spectrum.  I'll confess I have the opposite fear that you
do - I have this vision of running the event and having it be all but finished
after 45 minutes...

Good luck!

James