 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 894
Re: So what did everyone get from The Bay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:34:36 GMT

Robin Sather wrote in message <3a627511.101534166@lugnet.com>...
I'm curious as to what everybody picked up at these recent sale
weekends at The Bay (and elsewhere).  There are some amazing
post-Christmas deals to be had.  I guess the shopping season wasn't
that great for retailers this year.

Mostly Rock Raiders (agreed on the HQ set Dean, I'd forgotten how many good
parts there are in there! And I love the Teal color!), but also some pod
racer buckets, landspeeders, snowspeeders. And one blue tub (only 20% off
instead of 50%, but still worth getting). The weird thing is that they still
have some Wild West small sets (at the Downtown Bay) but those are all at
full price, no 50% reductions. I talked to the toy guy there and he said
that Lego had been supposed to install a "Lego Shop" there at the Bay but
they hadn't done so yet and he didn't know now when they would, maybe not
till before next Xmas. Also that Lego kept sending them French and Spanish
RIS's instead of English ones :-)

Kevin
Victorian House: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-vblu.htm