 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 818
Re: VLC Website Redesign... I need input!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:02:05 GMT

Claus Thiim wrote in message <231120001943497091%Chunky@trideja.com>...
2. What features from other sites do you like? Would
  you like them incorporated into the new site. (No
  guarantees here, if I can do, I can do it, if
  not... well... perhaps later)

A picture of "the crew" on the front page (maybe we can take a few at the
next meeting).
No frames (makes it simpler for you Claus!)

3. What is preferred for the image gallery?
     A) A page of thumnailed images, where each
        image is linked to a pop-up window?
     B) A sequential gallery, with 'Next', 'Prev',
        etc, buttons?
     C) All of the above?
     D) Something else...

Is it necessary to roll our own image gallery? Could we put the pics on
Brickshelf and link to the folder there? (I know that means we go outside
our own site, but it's lot simpler and makes it much easier to get things up
quickly). If we decide to keep the gallery inside our site, I'd definitley
go for a page of tyhumbnails, but also have Next/Prev/up buttons on the
actual picture pages too. It's so annoying to have to go back up to the
thumbnails to see the next pic.

This text on the home page needs a bit of expansion:

"Whether you:
are a hard-core LEGO® train collector,
have admired the LEGO® robotic technology from afar, or
have just begun collecting LEGO®,
you will be welcomed into the Vancouver LEGO® Club with open arms."

since plenty of people won't fall into any of those three categories (I
don't!) and will still be welcomed.

Good luck!

Kevin