 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 173
Re: Friday's Meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:58:56 GMT

I'm kicking myself for having missed Mark's F-15 (or 14.5 or whatever).

Yeah me too!
If I have room, I could try to bring it again, but hopefully somebody will
have pics up somewhere (I don't have a digital camera; part of the reason I
was hoping Dave Hylands would be there is because his camera takes very clear
pics)

p.s. Dave H? I hope you bring your 5571 Black Cat again...
I'll try to remember. This will definitely be cool.

I could bring mine too, if necessary.  Actually, I have two of them...
You've got 2? And here I was wondering why I never could find one.

I finished my UCS X-Wing (which I picked up in San Jose). Lego included a
bag of parts from one of the Dino sets instead of the correct parts. I built
it using parts from other sets and then called them. They sent me all of the
missing pieces. Cool! There were about 50 missing pieces (all of them really
small).
I was wondering if it was a common problem on a set this large; my UCS X-Wing
was missing only one piece, so I guess I shouldn't complain. (and it contained
a bag with minfig vehicle parts as well... I got a grey minifig steering wheel
from who knows where).

And yes, I probably will be doing minifig rescales of the UCS kits...
eventually. Mind you, I was planning to do the mini Black Cat 'eventually' but
ended up using it to take a break from more daunting projects. So eventually
could be a while.

Although... eventually... I'd like to do a Model Team Blue Fury in minfig
scale (hopefully with the steering intact)... anyone have one of those?

Mark

p.s. I know I said I'd do a Colonial Viper, but I still haven't figured out
how to do one as good as Bram's. So in the meantime, more Transformers.