 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1258
Re: A couple of notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:19:33 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:

I do have a few thoughts about the layout that I'll throw up here.

Dean, you mentioned extra speakers for your "multimedia presentation".
Do you have those ready to use?  Do they require power?  We could
probably just put them under the table there, perhaps on a box or
something.  Just wanted to remind you to plan for them, bring the
appropriate wiring and power supplies, etc.

I will have power for the screen and for the PC speakers that will sit
under the table.

What else is confirmed for the freight yard?  It was very empty
yesterday.  Does anyone know what else David is bringing for it?  Will
there be any buildings?  Vehicles?  Containers?  Industrial "crap"?
I'll be calling him as well, but I thought I'd throw it on the forum,
too.

I've got a few containers, forklift boxes etc for it. David is bring
buildings and  the cranes.

Is anyone bringing plates, etc. to attach all the baseplates together.
I'm kind of taking care of my own little Hogwarts section, and haven't
really been thinking of anyone else's areas in this regard.
Yesterday, I was constantly flipping up the edges.  I can only imagine
what it will be like next weekend, especially without the glass.

I think one person should be in charge of this to avoid tear down hassles.

That's it, for now.  Let's remember to have lots of extension cords,
masking tape, duct tape (to tape tables together, and legs to the
carpet).

Someone should know they are bringing it.

Dean