 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1239
    Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?) —Steve Barile
   I know this has been covered in the past, but can you point me to info on the reed switch used and implmentation notes. Thanks I'm working on a ping-pong line for a trolley and I'd like to try reed switches. I've had troubles with light sensors and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?) —Dean Husby
     (...) I had not know of anyone using reed switches with lego before so I don't have any links to info, but I used a standard reed switch, encased in glass. NO (Normally Open). There was a 20 mm and a 25 mm I believe. (...) I've created a trolley (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?) —Mario Ferrari
   (...) This is the original message by Chris Phillips: (URL) my version, following John Barnes's suggestion, I put a 100 ohm resistor in series with the reeds. The devices are very low current, and if you make a wiring error and connect them to an (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)