 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1213
1212  |  1214
Subject:
TTOS Train Show Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:26:20 GMT

These are the details about the upcoming show.  Alex, take what you
need to construct an email to our members, and also send the
appropriate stuff (probably just the same as the News Release) to any
of those people (fans!) that wanted to be notified about any upcoming
shows.

Location:

Richmond Inn, 7551 Westminster Hwy (at Minoru),  Richmond, Minoru
rooms A, B, C, and D

VLC layout is located in Minoru "D"

Schedule:

- Friday, August 3rd, 1 pm to 7 pm - Setup time for layout, I suggest
we begin no later than 4 pm.

- Saturday, August 4th, 8 am - Additional setup and tweeking time
- Saturday, 9 am to 4:30 pm - Exhibits open to TTOS MEMBERS ONLY!!
(This date is not publicized openly, but if the public does wander in,
or some of our "friends" arrive, it's no big deal.  They're not sticky
about this, they just don't want hoards of people on the Saturday)

- Sunday, August 5th, 10 am - Exhibits open to members only
- Sunday, 11 am to 4:30 pm - Exhibits open for PUBLIC SHOW
- Sunday, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm - Take down (we MUST be out by 6:00 pm)

Parking:

I think we have to take care of this for ourselves.  It's pay parking
only all around that area, so be prepared.

Other:

Exhibitor badges available on friday from registration desk (probably
see me about yours).

Don't forget your VLC T-Shirt!!  Andrew, Paul and Mark, I will have a
large shirt fresh and ready for you to wear at the show.

Admission fee for the public?  I don't know, but will try and find
out.

I had a good chat with one of the organizers and they are very excited
to have us there.  They know that we are a major "crowd drawer", as he
put it.  He again stressed that they are "Operators", not collectors.
The key for them is that they run their trains, play with them, and
even ride them.  Their "philosophy" definitely meshes well with ours.
It should be good time.

Robin