 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 114
Re: Meeting this Friday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Mark Tarrabain writes:
The organizers of this club say that they have their reasons for
maintaining secrecy.  Well, I for one would sure like to know what those
reasons are, because right now, all they're doing is presenting the
image that they are trying to be exclusive, and not let just anybody
in.

I can't speak for them, but if I were to hold such an event at my *home* (and I
have), I'd like to limit and/or restrict what kind of -- and size of -- crowd
comes through my door.  Is it exclusive?  Sure.  It's my *home*.

Plus, there's the frightening spectre of stalkers, pedophiles, petty
thieves, and other assorted low-probablilty high-risk dangers that,
unfortunately, today's society includes.

Cheers,
- jsproat