 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *195 (-20)
  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

And a custom colour brick... I mean, I would love to have one with a purple brick and others may want other colours. How difficult is it to offer different coloured bricks in the logo? I agree with Dean... I can find out who to talk to... as much I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

(...) I would recommend leaving it as it is. IF Lego gets 'pissy' we just say it's a Mega-BLok... <GRIN> Seriously though maybe sending the 'proof of concept' to Lego would be good. Brad isn't the guy, he's the bulk one. Maybe that Susan From (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Friday's Meet

(...) I bought Alex the Dino Set the day before and recognized all the parts from that set... Rather Funny really... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Friday's Meet

(...) Well... Don't let my looks of calmness fool you. I get get high off of lego building. 4 hours to get a tread assembly made right isn't what I would call 'Gifted' heh heh. As a kid I only had one tecnic set. a Blue Motorcycle with a Side Car. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Friday's Meet

(...) Each Member is encouraged to bring a small tub ~400 pieces to let it GROW, GROW, GROW!!! Muhahahhaha! Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

Course, now I'm getting sleepy again, and forgetting things ... I meant to re-solicit any suggestions for changes, improvements, etc. What should be done about the "stud" question? Do you think TLC would choke on it considering that it's a fan club? (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Fun in Seattle!

(...) That's pretty much a no brainer! Robin P.S. With full colour commentating from you and Kevin, I hope. (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

(...) After sleeping on it, I tend to agree with you. The mountain logo captures Vancouver, and is also more "fun" than the other. Maybe I'll revamp the other, and use it on my own lego page, whenever I get that finished ... (or started ;-) Robin (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Fun in Seattle!

(...) It was FUN! I'll play the 1 1/2 hours of tape at next meeting if anyone's interested. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

I also prefer the mountain one as well. The others are very creative and artistic, but I think the first one truly defines the region in which we live. Xandria Kevin Wilson <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Fun in Seattle!

(...) Adam, the main record was for longest track (3342 approx feet) but we also did longest train, lomgest monorail track (two hundred and some feet) largest number of buildings over a certain height, largest bridge, and largest number of (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Fun in Seattle!

Hi Kevin, I'm curious as to what the actually record was that you guys set in Seattle? Adam (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Fun in Seattle!

(...) Here are links to pics by David Schilling where are directly VLC-related: (all the otehrs are worth looking at too!) Here's a good pic of Dean: (URL) and I set up about 1/4 of this monorail track layout: (URL) Victorian house is about halfway (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

(...) I like the logo idea with the mountains the word Vancouver a lot. The only reservation I have is that TLC asked for the "LDRAW" on the studs of the Ldraw logo brick to be removed, so that VLC on teh studs may not be what we want. I can't (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

(...) Same URL to take a look, by the way ... (URL) was going for something a little more "classy", or upscale. Why, I don't know. Is that what we represent? Who knows? Nobody knows. I just liked the look of it. I don't know which of the two styles (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Fun in Seattle!

Looks like the gang is having fun down there!! I thought I saw Dean and Kevin in some of the live web cam pix, and also on Brickshelf. Unbelievable setup!! Was that Dean I saw with a camcorder? I couldn't tell for sure, but I hope so. That's (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

I thought I'd throw another logo idea up for perusal. Well actually a couple of variations on the same theme. Again, we could use the "woodcut" lego brick alone, without the words, anywhere we wanted to have a more compact "logo". Robin (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

Ooops... I love the logo. I think it's fantastic. Now hopefully this will update to the news server. I've been having some trouble lately. Any other comments on the proposed logo? I love it. Xan Robin Sather <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea

(...) Hmm, where did everybody else go? Probably down to Seattle... Anyway, I like it! The logo definitely captures the character of our city with the snow/mountains/sky. It's much brighter than incorporating rain into the logo, hehe... Bryan (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  New VLC Logo Idea

Hi all, I mentioned to the group last week that I would see if I could come up with some logo ideas for the VLC. Well, I've been working on it a bit, and have posted one of the ones I like best so far. Check it out on brickshelf, at: (URL) logo is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact