 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9335
Re: Connect 4 Boards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:30:54 GMT

Quoting Derek Raycraft <djr@rogers.com>:

Jennifer L. Boger wrote:

PS. We should set a rule as to which colour goes first.  Since it's
traditionally white in chess I say red goes first because it's not black.

Huh.  I was always taught in a red vs black game, that "Smoke goes before • fire".
But you're the 2nd person to say that red goes first, maybe Mom was • wrong?!
Man, she's not gonna like that.

Well I have no knowledge of what the tradition for red vs. black is, so
my suggestion is just arbitrary.

Now that I think about it, maybe the Connect 4 rules say which colour
goes first.  If they do, that's the colour we should go by.

I believe the rules say "Decide who goes first".