 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9330
9329  |  9331
Subject:
Connect 4 Boards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:56:51 GMT

Well I discovered over the weekend that there are two different types of
connect 4 pieces.  My parents happened to have two boards, each with a
different style of chip.

Fortunately both chip styles are the same basic size, shape and colour.
  One type, the type we looked at at dinner has an eagle on one side and
a star on the other.  The other type has the MB logo on one side and a
Connect 4 logo on the other.

The significant difference however is the ones with the MB logo don't
lock together when stacked like the eagle and star ones do.

How can you tell which ones you're going to get.  Well you can't.  Both
boxes I saw had the eagle and star printed on the box, however one had
the MB and connect 4 logo pieces inside.

Personally I'm not concerned about the difference.  If we all build our
robots to use one type of piece, we can use that type in our robots when
playing games.  This just means you have to bring the pieces you want to
play with.

Derek

PS. We should set a rule as to which colour goes first.  Since it's
traditionally white in chess I say red goes first because it's not black.