 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9330
  Connect 4 Boards

Well I discovered over the weekend that there are two different types of connect 4 pieces. My parents happened to have two boards, each with a different style of chip. Fortunately both chip styles are the same basic size, shape and colour. One type, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect 4 Boards

(...) Sounds good. The board we've been playing with has the chips that lock together. (...) Huh. I was always taught in a red vs black game, that "Smoke goes before fire". But you're the 2nd person to say that red goes first, maybe Mom was wrong?! (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect 4 Boards

(...) Actually, that brings up a question I meant to ask. Does the bot need to know what color it's playing, or can I tell it (via download/IR) what color we're playing in this match? (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect 4 Boards

(...) Well I have no knowledge of what the tradition for red vs. black is, so my suggestion is just arbitrary. Now that I think about it, maybe the Connect 4 rules say which colour goes first. If they do, that's the colour we should go by. Derek (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect 4 Boards

(...) That's what I feared. I know there are at least two colours of boards (one that's all blue with red and yellow chips, and one with blue and yellow with red and black chips) and now I guess there's different chips too. Aaargh. (...) That sounds (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect 4 Boards

Quoting Derek Raycraft <djr@rogers.com>: (...) I believe the rules say "Decide who goes first". (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)