 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8831
8830  |  8832
Subject:
Wow! rtlToronto...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:23:56 GMT

I'll try to keep the tangents to a minimum...

The last few days in our little corner of LUGNET have been interesting...

Here's the thing--we are one of the most active orgs where postings are
concerned.  We have 'bot competitions, which intrigue many other folks in
LUGNET, and we have our train shows, which attract that particular crowd.
Beyond that, we sometimes post pretty cool 'off-topic' stuff like 'Acts of Gord'
or 'Stang Bad' and talk about that, and the 'lurkers' (those that read
rtlToronto without actually being part of rtlToronto) periodically post their
stuff, and, for the most bit, there hasn't been an issue.

For lots of money I wouldn't want to be Calum right now.  It's his name on the
rtlToronto charter here at LUGNET so, in the end, he's the one that has the
'responsibility' for what's posted in this NG.  I will state that I am not
speaking for Calum, or Chris even, nor in any official capacity at all.  But,
Calumball aside, he's got to be holding back a wee bit.

Personally I like it when Steve H pokes fun at, well, most of us but especially
Chris :)  I like it when Larry has that right tone of facetiousness in his
posts--fits right in for the most part with the banter that usually goes on
here.  I like knowing how Chris is managing without Kate in the house.

I like all these things!  And I like it when, every once in a while, we talk
about some great building technique... like that radically new
beam-plate-plate-beam...

I enjoy every morning getting to work and, time permitting, reading all the rtl
posts.  I read them before I read any other group (such as, say, hypothetically,
o.t-d ;) )  Mostly because I'm a member of rtlToronto, but also due to we
seriously a bunch of cool froods who know where our towels are!  K, that was one
of those 'Daveisms'-- I'll rephrase--we're a fun bunch of people who enjoy the
hobby of the brick! (and a wee bit of sarcasm on the side...)

So, in the end, we'll either absorb folks like Vineet, when he comes to
understand how rtlToronto functions, and what's appropriate and what isn't, or
we won't.  But, for now, to keep Calum from totally coming unglued... step back,
take a breath, and hey, let's focus on pipe racers, or some other light
stuff--like who has high score in Awesome Cross '98...
http://www.homestarrunner.com/awexome.html

Dave K
-in the final analysis, eh, whatrya gonna do?