 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8681
Re: Ian Hendry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:31:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

that was a QUOTE from a guy who wants to be a Canadian. but sadly is not.

Ya, but he's MinneSOOOtan... those guys (along with people who live in the UP of
Michigan (1) ) are kind of our "honorary" Canadians already...

1 - "say Ya to da UP, eh?" is a takeoff on the official Michigan tourism
bumpersticker "Say Yes to Michigan!". I am not making this up...
http://www.jubei.org/jokes/slogan.html and
http://www.ring.com/yooper/glossary.htm

'is a takeoff'??

Take off, eh!