 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8648
Re: HEY ...Lucy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:41:09 GMT

So I get two letters last night...  one from hydro, the other from the gas
company.

Do these people like outrageously expensive deposits?

Dave K

welcome to home ownership.

:(

if  the previous owners were ... ummmm....

remiss in paying the bills, then their is a good chance that utilities will
ask for a "security deposit"

they can legally ask for "..... a reasonable amount"  end QUOTE!!!

:/    arghh!!!!

which means they will look at the power consumption of the previous owners and
based on THOSE numbers (which are a secret cause its not your acct.) will ask
for anywhere from 1 to 3 months worth of deposit.

if in a year or FIVE, you can call them and say HEY, look I'm paid in full,
and have been a good buy, can i have SOME of my deposit back. and they MIGHT
give it to you WITHOUT interest.

you have an option with HYDRO only, to offer a bank letter.... something like,
the bank will secure the "deposit" so instead of you paying hydro, you pay the
bank the deposit.  with the bank you can get a few pennies interest.

:(

sorry.

--
Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?