 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8417
Re: Welcome to GhostTown USA...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:56:37 GMT

But I'll be thinking about all of you all weekend long, and I'll be checking out
the live webcams and the presentation.  Hopefully Larry will do his great job of
transcribing on the spot again (he must be a very fast typist!)

We're webcasting the keynote presentation live to the Internet:

http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=1804

Damn you for not offering some of Laidlaw's NT4S boxen.  I was down at the
university reformatting grad students workstations to use as temporary servers.

Compaq Deskpro EN 6300's are not great for anything.

I was even eyeing my production PowerEdges, but decided against it as apparently
"real work" happened on them.  Something about journal submissions, experiment
data and "funding grants".  Pfft.

The other thing is, I still have no idea if anyone's gonna watch.  I'm gonna
feel AWFULLY STUPID if I look at the server load monitor and see only three guys
in Akron watching. :)

and one in Winona.

"Brad Justus?  Sounds like a superhero..."--our lab director

Calum

Dave K