 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8376
8375  |  8377
Subject:
rtl16 Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:05:32 GMT

Since many folks are getting the 9751 Control Lab interface, I was thinking
about types of contests that would make full use of it.  I mean, if we don't
have a contest, all the 9751's will end up powering train layouts (special voice
to Chris: "And we can't let that happen, can we?")

The one I could think of was a stationary Assembly Line type where you were to
manufacture a specific "Lego product", ie, like a five piece duck or car.  Use
anything you want including multiRCX, 9751 with PC etc.

Points are awarded as a combination of speed (cycle time) and quality (points
lost for missing parts, loose fittings)

I would really be interested in such a game, but I'm not sure if anyone would
think it's sufficiently interested in such an arcane contest.  It's very
ProjectXish.

"Well Doreen, they're doing some sort of Lego factory thing."

"That sounds stupid."

Calum
PS-That or a mosaic assembler.