 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7979
Re: Cutting Rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:32:34 GMT

David, you've cut track before.  What do you use to cut the metal cap on
the rails.  I'd like to cut it cleanly without crimping it or bending
it.  I've taken it off the plastic part of the track because I don't
want to damage that part of the track.

I've thought of using snips but I don't think I'll get a clean end.
I've tried just doing it with an knife but it's just not cutting through
and I'm afraid of crushing it.  Maybe a dremel would work, but I've
always found them hard to control.

Does anyone have a dremel  and is not currently in Nova Scotia?

Derek

I didn't have a hack saw, or the like.

Seriously, know what I did?  Got one of the big knifes out of the drawer.  It
cut the metal and left a very small gap.  I then took a file and smoothed out
the little burrs.  Worked.

Dave K