 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7910
Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:10:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.space, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
In lugnet.space, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.space, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
    I was just browsing the Shop@Home website when I stubbled across the NEW
Mars Exploration Rover. The MSRP of this set is $89.99 USD and it is now on sale
for $74.99 USD. This is valid in Canada and I think in the US too. Go grab those
rovers! Chek it out here:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=7471&CatID=%7B390B0B93%2D3F45%2D47D2%2DAF9A%2DB3A0BB4AD569%7D

Steve M.

Got it, see pics of it being built here:

http://sparky.i989.net/legop6.htm

(scroll down to bottom)

But didn't we already discuss
this?

The purpose of this post was not that the set was available from Shop@Home or if
some people got it or not, it was to inform people that this is a new set and it
is already on sale!

Ahh, the clouds have cleared and my vision has been restored!  Nicly done Steve.

That sale price is much closer to the value of the set, imho.  Alas, the
problems with owning the first one on the block--an extra 15 dollars!

Oh well.

Still a great set, and lots of potential--many Technic pieces for a good price
(now) :)

Dave K

Dave: Now I know I am not your credit card, but I would bet that you paid $75
USD for that Mars Rover.  When the rover was first shown at the Toy Fair in New
York in February, the price was $90, but when it first showed up at Shop@Home
(did you blame that purchase on me too???) I distinctly remember being surprised
that the list price was only $75.

I have a feeling that the regular price of $90 and the "sale" price of $75 were
added very recently.  This will have (and appears to be having) the effect of
getting more people to buy the set because it is on sale.

BTW, I saw it at the TRU in Ottawa on thursday for $110 CDN, which is a little
more expensive than the $75 USD, but it's there.  Still have two unbuilt sets in
my room though, so I will hold off on getting it for a while longer. :)
They had the Discovery shuttle for $70 CDN as well.

John