 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 787
786  |  788
Subject:
Possibly free venue??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 23:24:04 GMT

I've just had a thought...

And since it doesn't happen all that often, I thought I'd share it
with everyone.

It turns out that my old public school is having a fundraising
campaign - craft sale, bake sale, garage sale, games etc.

So it occured to me - what about approaching a local public school
that is planning a fund raiser of some sort and suggest that we set up
a room were people could watch robot races. Kids could build basic
microscout based cars and race them (please don't point out the
obvious problems with this - it's just a thought). All of this could
be for a fee that would go to the school. The idea here is that we
could probably get a free venue out of it and lots of publicity.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ