 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7853
Re: Urgent request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:10:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
Can someone please tell me the exact dimensions of one lego stud?

Or, ideally, can someone please put a whole bunch of plates together, and
measure how long 66 studs is?

     Measuring from an X-large grey baseplate, I get 20-5/8".

Why?  Because I'm buying an air conditioner.  And my tape measure is at
work, and this is the only way I can measure the width of the window frame.

     Sucks to be you.  I had to buy the smallest AC I could find, and that just
barely fit in my 23-1/4" window opening.  Granted, if you remove the expansion
flaps completely, the unit is only 18-5/8" wide, but it was hard enough
installing the safety screw as it was without having even less room to work with
(I had to borrow a special rachet-wrench-style screwdriver from work).  Also,
it's pretty low on BTU capability, so it doesn't do much to cool off the entire
apartment.  Fortunately, I'm perfectly fine with hot weather as long as the
humidity is super low, and it does do a good job of scrubbing the moisture out
of the air for the entire apartment.