 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7850
7849  |  7851
Subject:
Calum's freight terminal has been copied!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 03:59:22 GMT

Calum's cargo loading terminal can be seen here:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/lego-cargo-index.html

I mentioned that I wanted to copy the design and Calum said Okay.
It took me a few weeks to actually begin construction, but I was able to
complete my version in about two days.

There are 7 photos of my copy in the folder, here is just the first image:

The three big differences between Calum's original and my knock-off are
-- brick color:  I used Green
-- roof design:  I used Dark Gray 45 degree slopes
-- building height:  mine has 14 brick-tall clearance for trains
My version used up more Dark Gray slopes than I had planned--an emergency
BrickLink order was needed to get the building finished on time.  A total of
1848 studs worth of slopes were used as well as 12 concave corner slopes.  Tiles
were used to cap the roof because the full complement of Dark Gray Apex pieces
does not yet exist.

Before I began building, I had planned to use Calum's original roof design
making use of plates and wing plates.  The slopes give a nice effect, but I
think a plate roof would look more industrial.

I plan to bring the building to BrickFest as part of the LUCNY train layout.
Hopefully I will have some internal lighting installed so more of the inner
details can be seen.

Calum, thanks for letting me borrow your design.  I hope you are pleased with
what I built using your ideas.

__Kevin Salm__
Lego Users of Central New York