 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7761
Re: OT: Smooth movements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:11:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ka-On Lee wrote:

http://www.tokyodv.com/news/Robodex2003SDR-4XII.html
http://www.tokyodv.com/news/Robodex2003Asimo.html

When can we do demos like that?

As someone who constantly tries to hard-code in acceleration and deceleration
into the RCX, NEVER.

:)

It's very hard.  I'd love to see someone come up with some kind of modular NQC
task that I can throw in a program and it operates like a servo.  Change a
variable and have the drive spin to that position.  I always do that on any
program I do with the rotation sensors but it's akward and the acceleration and
deceleration is rough (playing around with raw PWM and power settings, etc).

The soccer was unimpressive.  It reminded me of when Data throws LAL a ball*.

    Iain

* vague TNG ref.