 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7777
Re: OT: Smooth movements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:18:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:

<snip>

The soccer was unimpressive.  It reminded me of when Data throws LAL a ball*.

    Iain

* vague TNG ref.

There are scant few times when I shed a tear during TNG--'Inner Light', when
Jean Luc lives that 'alternate life' via the probe, and when Laal 'died'.

Probably a few others that I can't think of now.

Dave K

not so much a tear, but powerful emotional bursts:

Data's trial in 'The Measure of a Man' when Picard asks the court attendees
something like "Can you say that that machine sitting here is NOT a sentient
being?  (looking at scientist who wants to deconstruct Data) Can you?  (looking
at judge) Can YOU!?"

Yar's (holo) farewell speech

Picard says goodbye to [Famke Janssen's] metamorph character who's emotionally
bonded to him.

pretend Gul Dar Heel breaking down at the end of Deep Space 9's 'Duet'

man i love TNG & some DS9 (never got to see all of DS9).

Jeff

Powerful stuff--other good moments that weren't necessarily 'powerfully
emotional' (and there are many in the list, this is just 'off the cuff')

When Q says, "Welcome to heaven Jean Luc, you're dead!"  Wonderful moment and
great ep.

Definitly the Data/Tasha thing, especially when in "Measure of a Man", Jean Luc
says, "Go on Data, I don't think she'd mind"--"We were... intimate". The way
Spiner got that one across was priceless.

When Jean Luc was being tortured--"There are 4 lights!!!" and his little speech
about "when you start thinking that there are 'lesser people' than yourselves,
then you can think *anyone* is lesser than you..."

Oh back to Data, in 'First Contact', when interrogated by the Borg Queen, "When
was the last time..." Data rhymns off right down to the inutes (and, in the ST
universe, puts the date the last time Data was 'intimate' right back to Tasha.

When Data was having his 'nightmares' and shows up in the turbo lift with Deanna
weilding that knife-like thing--I jumped.

Beverly in the room with all those bodies--the snakes in Riker's bed I could
handle, the other things--but Beverly backing up b/w those two diagnosis beds
and the bodies under the sheets--really freaked me out.

So many great points in that series.

Dave K