 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 774
773  |  775
Subject:
another question from the dopey one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:51:18 GMT

in the spectrum catalog i have, there are 2 sets i'm interested in...
and i have to make a choice.
so here's the stats on both

technology resource set (p 126)

1733 pcs, 1 9 v 'old' motor, batt box, pneumatic pcs, etc. - $306.75

robolab starter system (p 129)

1400 + pcs, 3 9v 'new' motors, 1 micromotor, 4 lights, 3 light sensors, 4
touch sensors, 14 leads - $418.00

the robolab has more specific rcx 'bot parts, but i enuf 'new' motors, the
light sensors would be nice, the touch sensors nice, and the micro motor,
whould all be nice too...

i run out of beams, fasteners (sppecially the black friction pegs) and the
wiring all the time, so i'm swayed to the robolab kit, but the resource is
cheaper, lots more generic technic pcs (which are becoming a rarity these
days besides the accessory packs) and the pnu stuff, which could be nice.

so your ideas?  what set would you get?  the debate for me ensues.  this is
going to be my 'big' b-day present for me this year, because i'm holding out
for ris 2.0, or i'd just by another mindstorms right now.

anyway, i'm tending to ramble lots these days.
thanks for humouring me

dave