 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 759
  Train1 Reversing loop

Hi folks, I thought I'd mention that in my chunk of the train1 layout I intend to provide a reversing loop (If S@H delivers my points fast enough) The basic idea here is that with the reversing loop and a tiny amount of training about how to throw (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Reversing loop

(...) (URL) my 2nd attempt. I just use the conveyer, and a given set time to load. It works OK with a mixture of 1x1 bricks (round and regular), but does tend to jam up. I have the RCX code if you want, but it is really quite simple. 9 cars were (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Reversing loop

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3AE6D6DC.8E774C...res.com... (...) An eas(ier?)y way would be to place your scale/measuring equipement in the tower before it ever gets near the car. Then dump that container of pre-measured (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Reversing loop

(...) Have you thought about using a light sensor attatched to the conveyor with the beam directed at a white brick/plate in the hopper. Check every few seconds to see if the white is still visible if so keep filling, if not the hopper is full. i (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Reversing loop

If you weren't already aware, your reversing loop needs to be electrically isolated from the main line. The idea is that before the train enters the loop, the reversing line is given the same polarity (at it's start) as the main line so the train (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Reversing loop

Thanks Matthias, for your involved answer! Let's see: I've got the reversing loop working now, but there's still a question of what "Main" means in terms of "main line"... My reversing loop will be off my own section of the layout (call it the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)