 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7581
Re: The life as a technical support analyst...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:51:32 GMT

I casually mention the e-mail I sent out the day before, with the
step-by-step process...           And they say "Oh your messages?
I ignore them/delete them.  If it's important, you'd call me."

Ah yes - your basic I/O (Incompetent Operator) error - been there
done that.  I'm currently doing phone support; Yesterday I spent
over an hour with an old lady who apparently knows nothing about
computers (and even English) trying to get her to do some simple
checks and fixes that would have taken a competent user a couple
of minutes.  I kept telling her to "turn on the computer and hit
the F8 key repeatedly" and she would (apparently) be holding down
the F8 key with the computer off or such.  I gotta get a new job.

SRC
LUGNet#765
Edmonton
http://capt-acap.org/SRC/