 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7416
7415  |  7417
Subject:
I know Kung Fu!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:18:34 GMT

err, I mean: "I know NQC"...

NQC for RCX2 firmware that is.
I opened my first RIS set on sunday night, built the rover and played with
some simple touch sensor stuff. I did all the challenges for the rover on
monday, at this point I basically knew how the RIS software worked. At the
end of monday I assembled the Acrobot, but it was stupid and the bumper
wasn`t strong enough and all the chalanges were similar or stupid or I
already did that on the rover. So I took it apart and started building the
Candy Sorter since it had the most mechanics and uses colour detection.
Finished building it on Tuesday afternoon and played with it a little bit,
then Decided I needed to learn NQC. Found a good guide on NQC read
everything in it that applied to RCX2. Found BrickCC online downloaded it,
and started messing with the code to test some simple functions. Then I
wanted to make something work, and since the candy sorter was together I
wrote software for it. It worked faster too.This morning I wanted to try out
events and multitasking, So I added an emergency stop event and then later
removed that to use the sensor for multitasking. It was sorting
candy(marbles) and when I presses the touch sensor on port 2, a motor on
output B would spin, and stop when I let go.

Now that I know how it works, I really like it, MUCH easier to work with
than RIS software.

I am going to look into different firmware advantages and disadvantages, but
maybe I should think about building something for rice brick sorting very
soon...

Gerard

Seen Matrix Reloaded yet???