 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7406
Re: Looking for OS suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 13:18:59 GMT

I have recently obtained a PII 233 notebook with a 6GB drive

I might get flamed for this but...

Windows ME might work, usually does for me. If it doesn`t, then you can try
98SE

Now to clarify:
I run windowsXP on my >1GHz computers (Athlon 1800+, P4 @ 2.9 GHz)
win98SE on a P166 (found it in a dumpster, just left windows98 on it)
Server 2003 on P2 350
Linux on P200, another P166
and all 486 are in pieces...
But on my dads P3 450 I installed WinME and It had a 90 day uptime, until I
rebooted it to install wireless network drivers. There is nothing wrong with
ME just a little bit more picky on hardware than 98.

If the Hardware is good winME > win98SE

An I am SURE people will disagree with me, but I don`t care...

An I am picking up my first RIS 2.0 today at 4:30pm, about time i think,
been drooling over the RIS for years...

Gerard