 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7373
  web page with wheel/slip info

(URL) of you would have seen the original post in .robotics, BUT for those who are RTL xenophobes.... it looks like this page confirms all along about what we've occasional discussed. treads, and solid rubber wheel are crap. with a surprise from (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: web page with wheel/slip info

(...) You want wide tires with threads and weigth in rice. Think off-roader... Duals helps, and 4x4 is better too. We just took delivery of our new field work tractor and got it properly set up with weight to power ratio, fron to back weight ratio (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: web page with wheel/slip info

(...) Umm, depends what you're after. If you need to push something or get a lot of traction, then the deformable tires have better contact patches. But when I'm making a robot that needs to move quickly and be able to skid steer, well, less (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)