 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7374
Re: web page with wheel/slip info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 18:04:28 GMT

hey, calum:  Do me a favour and ask Philippe do run all those tests
again but add RICE as one of the mediums.

You want wide tires with threads and weigth in rice. Think off-roader...
Duals helps, and 4x4 is better too. We just took delivery of our new field
work tractor and got it properly set up with weight to power ratio, fron to
back weight ratio and duals, and 4x4. Did a little bit of work without duals
to test it out and there was slip. 4x4 helped and nex to no slip with duals.
If you have duals you need more weight to push the tread into the rice and
keep it there...
We have 1000lbs of  weight on each rear wheel. 454KG for you metric people.

</farmer>