 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7369
Re: rtlToronto14: Raiders of the Lost Part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 00:50:20 GMT

I want something with a square end.

I am biting my tongue!!!

Chris, you say we don't need it, but have you tried building a hopper
that lines these things up properly yet?

even if we used a 2x2 it dose not mater.  its almost as hard to process
squares as it is to process rectangles.

I don't care.  so long as we have a some people all speak up and say
what they want.

right now its tied.

c) Where do you start?  On the back wall?  what if you had to force someone
to be in corner instead?  Because the distance from the back wall to the
front of the box is very very small.

So far, I've benn planning on starting in the corner.

you are welcome to do that.  but we agreed that as long as part of your
robot is touching ANYWHERE along the back wall that's ok.

d) 12" or 18" cubed?

Right now my robot is 10.5", roughly square. An 18" robot puts you very
close to the box.

again, 18" was agreed upon.  I think this will be hard enough without
having to cram all this into 12"

e) Do we need to specify the type of rice.

I think it would be a good idea. I have here "long grain" rice. That's
probably what most people think of when the think of rice.

let me say this; about that.

Rice is Rice!

Chris