 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 735
Re: YF23A Progress Photos Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:54:20 GMT

Hi folks,
Here's what I'm up to so far on the great YF-23A Black Widow II airplane
project:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/yf23progress.jpg

It's turning out too long due to the geometry of 45 deg Lego wing pieces and
I still don't have a plan for the nose.

I'll probably go as far as getting the taileron sections to rotate as per
the prototype, plus a minifigure sized cockpit, ACES II, retracting landing
gear, the AMRAAM bay (as the AIM-9X/ASRAAM bay was never built into the
original prototypes, there's little info as to where they'd go).  I'm
actually looking for a good diagram of the BOTTOM of the airplane, so if
anyone can find a detailed photo, I'd really appreciate it.
Calum

Done... you want "a good diagram of the BOTTOM of the airplain!"
How about an early blueprint direct from the U.S. Air Force!
I can get you -any- U.S. military information you desire.
Sure, it took a while to locate the specific schematics pertaining to your
particular question, and I did have to cross reference the data by hackin'
another aerospace developers mainframe, but in the end, I did it!!!
I've got the Kung Fu…

         Sincerely,
                        --==Richard==--

        You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®

P.S. This was intended to be humorous, it’d be cool to have such skills, but
I for one have minial computing knowledge. (its not even my major!)
         "I would if I could, but I can’t!"