 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7261
  WOW!

So I'm looking for train 4x photos on brickshelf, and I wander into one of our esteemed members folders and see this: (URL) did all the tan technic come from??? Jeff VW looking at peeron next... (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) I believe it's actually yellow, but the camera has perhaps lied to us. In this picture, you can compare a yellow pulley band to the color of the beams, and they're the same: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) I just gasped. I'm breaking into Derek's apartment. And I'm stealing ALL HIS LEGO. Iain (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) Well that's an old one. That was built long before I knew of rtlToronto and shortly after I got my first RCX. And yes your eyes are deceiving you. Those are yellow tecnic beams not tan. The pictures where taken with the Snappy Video Digitizer (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) Ah, the Snappy Video Snapshot. Built by Play Inc, formed by former employees of NewTek and DigitalCreations, two major Amiga VideoToaster vendors, who later built the Play Trinity DVE. I think many of my first Lego pictures were done with a (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (patent pending)

(...) I am going to create a type of "magic 8 ball" called "Calum Ball"(tm) (patent pending) You don't have to actually ASK anything, just say a sentence.... anything really, and the new "Calum Ball" (tm) (patent pending) will spew seemingly (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) Yes, I have a Snappy. I even got it to work under Linux when everyone said it was impossible. I love a challenge (no Calum, this is not a cue to bring up DCC). Mario (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) I'm not sure your method of getting it to work is considered actually working... running it under WINE or whatever you did doesn't count. :) As for DCC... Calum (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: WOW!

(...) Well what is YOUR definition of "working" Mr. Smarty Pants? Mario Word to the wise: When involved in a debate with Calum... it's often less painful to just give up. I never learn though :( (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)