 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7265
Re: WOW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 14:48:11 GMT

jeff van winden wrote:
So I'm looking for train 4x photos on brickshelf, and I wander into one of
our esteemed members folders and see this:

Where did all the tan technic come from???

Well that's an old one.  That was built long before I knew of rtlToronto
and shortly after I got my first RCX.

And yes your eyes are deceiving you.  Those are yellow tecnic beams not tan.

The pictures where taken with the Snappy Video Digitizer and an aging
Canon A1 Digital video camera.  A great digitizer for its time and a
great camera for its time.  The colour was fading on the camera by this
time, and the lighting probably wasn't the greatest.

That was a fun crane though.  You could drive it with the three buttons
on the back of the counter weight.  Press a button once to start, a
second time to stop and again to go in the other direction.  One was for
rotation, second to move the carriage, and the third to lift the hook.

Derek