 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7126
Re: A couple of train4.5 bits...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:32:42 GMT

I was looking at the MonLUG railyard, and noticed it's on the INSIDE of the
layout.  It's only 4 tracks wide, but I think that means they can easily
drop trains from inside the layout onto the yard area, and retire trains as
well.

We should consider this somehow (typical PM comment, possibly undoable,
unknown impact)...

Calum

I'm trying to scrap the 4 train yard modules at the bottom, and put 2 train
yard modules to the side, so they're below the dock structures/water and
left of the train station.

This will add to the overall 'squareness' of the layout, which should make
Calum, and even me, happier--less protruding modules.

Nothing I do though seems to achieve good space usage on the two modules.

Thoughts, ideas?  I have no problem losing the 4 mods at the bottom--i can
keep the 'park layout' in the south west corner without it looking out of
place with a large rail yard next to it.

Dave K