 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6825
Re: Steadicam Workshop Demo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:12:14 GMT

I suppose if Iain gets to post links to cool mechanical videos, I get to too:

http://www.steadicam-ops.com/video/soademo384k.wmv

cool, thanks!

The Steadicam you might have never seen if you haven't been on a set, but
you've defintely seen the results of Steadicam shots--the famous Rocky scene
where Sylvester Stallone runs up the stairs of the Philadelphia Art Museum
was actually shot by Steadicam inventor, Garrett Brown.  Now it's used in
almost every television drama (ER, especially) and modern movie.

Funny how they're now introducing techniques to put the motion *back in* to
the scenes in several shows. NYPD blue was the first i saw to do this, and
it *really* annoys me.

ROSCO