 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6824
    Steadicam Workshop Demo —Calum Tsang
   I suppose if Iain gets to post links to cool mechanical videos, I get to too: (URL) is the Steadicam Operators of America's yearly workshop demoreel, where for a full week, you get to learn how to operate a Steadicam camera stabilization system, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Steadicam Workshop Demo —Ross Crawford
   (...) Funny how they're now introducing techniques to put the motion *back in* to the scenes in several shows. NYPD blue was the first i saw to do this, and it *really* annoys me. ROSCO (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Steadicam Workshop Demo —Calum Tsang
   (...) Movement is one of those things that defines the style and storytelling of a dramatic production. For example, to show how hectic a modern emergency room is, ER uses the Steadicam almost in every shot. That motion defines the show-you wouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Steadicam Workshop Demo —Chris Magno
    (...) Years ago when I did tech for live theatre we used to come up with BS scenarios to explain why a scene was lit the way it was. As opposed to the truth -- we were to lazy to climb the ladder and hang more light/add gel. Until you just wrote (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Steadicam Workshop Demo —Calum Tsang
   (...) I disagree--perhaps this is the case for theatre, but defintely not for film. DP's and directors tend to be very specific with how they're going to do a shot. Sure, they're constrained by number of shooting days or other logistics (ie, can't (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)