 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6701
Re: the colour of LOR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:40:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
so dave,

give up yet?

MOO HA HA HA!!!

victory will be mine!

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?

After 'Chicken battle'bot'... after 'vacuum cleaning stacking'bot'... after
'cyberstorm tank tread whatever'bot'... after 'pneumatic tractor'bot'...

I dunno...

I say quality is better than quantity....

Sure you may have entered a 'bot in every single competition, but the
competitions I've been in (half of 'em), I have shown up with quality 'bots
that inspired folks... not the inspiration that would make a kid say, "Hey
Mr...", but inspiration that would make people want to build working 'bots
that could actually perform the set task.

So I figure there are two ways I come out on top on Saturday--

I show up with a 'bot that does the job, as usual...

Or I show up with LOR, walking, and still have the "Wow!" factor.

So either way, I win.

LOR right now is sitting amongst a sea of pieces, with his feet being worked
on...

So there you are.  Thursday is not a day to start building a 'bot for a
competiton.  Friday is... :)

Dave K