 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 668
Re: Lego SuperLiner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:23:49 GMT

The superliners are by far the best train cars I've ever had the privlege of
riding in. And I'd even prefer them over VIA's LRC (from an interior and
comfort standpoint - aesthetically, absoltuely nothing on earth comes close
to the sight of an LRC streaking past at speed in the Canadian
countryside...).

"The Canadian" through the rockies at night (now...darn'd West Coast Rail or
whoever operates the tourist train...)...That was a _fun_ ride.  Next time, I
know to take my own beer with me though, since during the off season anyway,
the little canteen only is open until 10 pm :)

I rode in the dome, it gets cold...I'd take the acustic guitar next time rather
than the electric though.  That and a blanket or 2.

No, the seats were _not_ all that comfy, but the view was great, especially at
sunrise.  I'd love to do it again, but I am not sure if my wife is up to doing
a coach class trip X Canada.  $300 from Vancouver to LongLac Ont, about $100
more to go all the way to Toronto. (FYI, I paid ~800 to go to Thunder Bay by
air from Victoria the next time)

James